Cheap Car Challenge Wishlist - The Grand Tour Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Cool Cheap Car Challenge Wishlist

Seeing how fun those cheap car challenges are on TGT I figured we can have some fun here and talk about which models we want see used.

TGT has gone silent on this challenge so maybe this thread can get the ball rolling again?

My Cheap Car Challenge Wishlist:
  • BMW 540i
  • Lincoln Town Car
  • Lexus LS400
  • Mercedes S430

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 02:56 PM

What's the budget for this? Some rust bucket for $2k or something that still runs reasonably well?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 10:03 AM

I'm definitely going to need some rules to go off here before making a list of cars lol. Cheap could be a $1000 car challenge or $5000 car challenge. That opens me up to a vastly different amount of vehicles!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Not that hard to figure this out, just look at the vehicles they have in this clip and the models i'm mentioning. On average you can find these for $2000-5000 at most.

You would be surprised by how much cheaper than that you can find them for, especially what I listed. They often get too expensive to repair, people just want to get rid of them.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 02:59 PM

Typically if you look at Youtube where they have these cheap car challenges quite often, there's typically a specific cap. So it would be something like $1000 car challenge, or something.

But for something in the cheap range, I'd definitely be getting something from the late 90's Lexus lineup, those things are bulletproof!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

A lot of cars from the 90's are cheap anyways. We're at a point that most owners of 90's vehicles want to get rid of them even if it means selling for 1/4 to 1/2 of its posted value. Not many people these days want them.

Most people buying used cars don't go back more than 10 years.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page