Richard Hammond Is Alive And Well - The Grand Tour Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Richard Hammond Is Alive And Well

Fans were probably shocked to hear that Richard Hammond was involved in an accident whilst shooting a new segment for The Grand Tour.

According to the Guardian, Hammond fell off a motorbike in a remote part of Mozambique, east Africa and banged his head hard enough to knock himself unconscious. The incident warranted emergency medical attention as he was laid on the side of a road before being transported to a hospital.

He has since fully recovered and posted an update on DriveTribe to reassure fans that he’s not dead.

“It's true, I did fall off a motorbike whilst filming recently for The Grand Tour in Mozambique. I banged my head, yes, along with pretty much everything else apart from my left thumb, which remains un-bruised ,” Hammond wrote on his blog. “Can't tell you more yet about the how and why of it; that's all for later in the year on the show. As for injuries; well put it this way, I don't think I can get a book out of it.”

This isn’t the first time Hammond has been seriously injured whilst filming. When he was still a co-host on BBC’s Top Gear in 2006, he crashed a dragster at extremely high speeds in excess of 260 mph and almost died. After spending many weeks recovering, he released a memoir called On the Edge and it details his life after the accident.

So we can all breath a sigh of relief in knowing that the latest incident doesn’t inspire him to write another book.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 11:19 AM

I wouldn't mind another book... that being said I haven't read the first one but hey, would be kinda cool lol

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page