The Grand Tour Collab With Game Of Thrones, Yes this is actually happening! - The Grand Tour Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

The Grand Tour Collab With Game Of Thrones, Yes this is actually happening!

We thought the trio would just be touring the usual trails around the world, we’re dead wrong. They’re going to take a trip through the vast Game of Thrones set in one of their segments.

Digital Spy was the one who broke the news:

“Best news of all is that one segment of the series will see Clarkson drive through the vast Game of Thrones set - so we're hoping for some kind of Westeros cameo.”

Amazon promised us 12 episodes a year for three years and The Grand Tour is set to launch with a 70-minute episode. Maybe they’ll start off the season strong with what could become a fan favourite episode starring Jeremy Clarkson in full Game of Thrones garb!

The important question we must ask is where he will go. Will Clarkson start in Winterfell and move his way down Westeros and towards the southern tip of Sunspear? Or maybe he’ll visit the Riverlands and the Vale of Arryn. But what about Castle Black? So many questions that probably won’t be answered until the segment airs.

No matter where he visits, be prepared to see a multitude of scenic shots because Game of Thrones was filled in gorgeous countries including Northern Ireland, Croatia, Morocco and Iceland.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 12:30 PM

I think I'm probably going to be the only person to say this but... I have no clue about anything having to do with Game of Thrones.. probably the only sap in the world that has never watched an episode lol
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 03:37 PM

That's smart since it opens them up to a much wider audience which is exactly what they need, they can only go so far targeting enthusiast. It basically needs to be entertainment that has cars, much like how the Fast and Furious movies have become... less about cars but still has cars.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 01:12 AM

I'm not a Game of Thrones fan either, only watched on episode but I'm sure I'll be more interested once Clarkson drives through the sets. Also great that they're trying something different. Maybe they'll go through the lord of the rings and hobbit routes later on.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 02:51 PM

Pretty much. From what I can see, Game of Thrones has a huge following so doing a collab with them will most definitely open them up to a vast audience. It's great to see them taking the perfect steps to ensure success with the show. Not that I've doubted it once, but this just solidifies it a bit more
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 05:38 AM

Their budget must be ridiculously high for them to be doing this. I think now with The Grand Tour, the guys are pretty much free to do what they please which is great!! Cant wait for it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page