Testing Bugatti Chiron - The Grand Tour Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Testing Bugatti Chiron

TGT will be testing the Bugatti Chiron. Now from what I've been reading, they will be the first to be able to test the Chiron which is pretty phenomenal. That's a big deal.... 1480hp isn't a joke at all. I wonder how fast they'll be taking it though... Bugatti still hasn't developed top speed numbers as they will be going to test for it in mid 2018.

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 02:11 PM

Chris Harris got to test it as well, not too sure who was first though. Regardless, getting the privilege of test driving the Bugatti Chiron AND trying to hit a max speed with it.... phenomenal to say the least.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

None of them have been uploaded yet so we'll still have to wait some time to see. Anyone want to start guessing to what speeds they hit?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 03:06 PM

Considering the Chiron is limited to a stop speed of 260mph, I would say that's where it's at. I doubt Bugatti would remove the limiter to where it could reach speeds of 288mph. Doesn't sound like much of a difference but when your over that 200mph mark every little bit above that is a fragile movement.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 01:35 PM

Well, car makers have been known to give publications, journalists, etc. press vehicles that had special things done to them, just come off as being that much better than it really is with regular production run versions. So maybe we see the Chiron going a bit beyond the set threshold??

I can see motivations from both Bugattai and TGT for making this happen.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

From what I've read, Bugatti says they will not be removing the limiters for anyone because of the crazy braking distance needed to get back down to speed, and the integrity of the tires at such a high speed leaves a huge margin for a safety concern.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:17 PM

Here's a video of Harris in the Chiron. This thing sounds absolutely mental. But he manages to hit somewhere around 250km/h and then slams on the brakes. You you actually hear the wheels locking up from abs or something.

Chris Harris Goes Flat Out In The Bugatti Chiron
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

That doesn't interest me.. I want to see a top speed test.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page