"Didn't Seem As Genuine" The Grand Tour Season Review - The Grand Tour Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

"Didn't Seem As Genuine" The Grand Tour Season Review

A season review for The Grand Tour was posted on TheNewsWheel.com and it was actually pretty good. I liked this review because it was genuine and honest. Not someone that just posted they loved the season because Jeremy Clarkson and TopGear and blah blah blah.

The reviewer actually found The Grand Tour to be too scripted, the relationship of the trio didn't seem genuine, and some of the humour from Clarkson - forced.

What's your take on it based on what you've seen?

?The Grand Tour? ? Season 1 Review | The News Wheel
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 11:51 AM

This has me thinking how Clarkson would do on his own with his own show, even on a smaller scale in the form of him having his own YouTube channel will act as an example.

TGT is still new so who knows maybe it will change into something more fluid and naturally flowing out of the attitudes of the trio.
Adding more fuel the the fire it turns out TGT might have to take note from Top Gear...

We Previewed Top Gear's New Season 24; Let?s Just Say The Grand Tour Should Take Note
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

He's somebody that can do it and be extremely successful. I feel it would be something like watching Jay Lenos Garage but a lot more comical rather than just full out car review kind of thing in a crazy insane dream garage lol

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 09:22 PM

Perhaps there's still a bit of tension between the trio because of how their contract with BBC ended. I thought it was still good, maybe season 2 will seem less forced to the critics.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

I don't think so. They seem unphased by the BBC thing and I'm sure they're just warming up to a new show I guess.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 05:35 PM

Well then, who's really surprised?

With it being the typical large scale show that has many high level executives making decisions and having power over the presenters you can expect this.

I'm only watching the show for tidbits of entertainment and the fact they can facilitate having certain cars in situations we wouldn't otherwise see them in.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 03:22 PM

I see that. Looking at the show to get exactly what you want out of it rather than caring for the little things that may seem insignificant like the bond between presenters, how scripted it is or whatever. A lot of people can't do that though which is why this article became worth writing lol.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 01:36 PM

Those are two different things, one is my reason for watching the other is a review of the whole thing. When you already know a lot about a certain product no show can give you new information about it just another way of seeing it. But its good to see a general take on the show.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 05:59 PM

Maybe the trio needs to be given more control over the show as most of the complaints with the Grand Tour is how scripted it seems.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

More creative freedom would definitely lessen the tension and adds to the fluent flowing and natural feel. But what are the odds that will happen?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page