The Grand Tour Logo Revealed - The Grand Tour Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

The Grand Tour Logo Revealed

Now.. as we know the name for "The Grand Tour" had already taken a good amount of time to settle on, however we still haven't seen a logo. Until now.

Jeremy Clarkson has revealed the first official image with the official show's logo with this statement on twitter. "Newspapers. As there is very little going on at the moment, I thought you'd like to see our new Grand Tour logo"

I think it definitely carries a very retro-esque kind of feeling. I like it though, simple and effective. Contrasting colour scheme, looks good to me.

Anyone have any different ideas for a logo ? Anything you would change with this one ??

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 04:30 PM

That looks way too simple, something I could easily create in Photoshop in a matter of a few minutes.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

It definitely is extremely simple. But I mean.. do they really need anything elaborate at this point ?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 12:34 PM

It just needs to be more motorsports-like, much like what was done with Top Gear, as well as being something that pops, again much like Top Gear

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

True... but the whole GT part of it gives you the motorsport feel on it's own no ?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2016, 11:50 PM

It does but it could have been done much better, in a way that how it was designed could reflect motorsports better. But as long as the show is good, it's one concern that will die quickly
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Lol true ! I could really care less for the logo, once the show is darn good. From the teasers we're seeing though, I think the show is gonna be insanity !
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 05:12 PM

That's what it comes down to. Some companies have horrible names but everything else is good. Not always does a name or how it looks need to be on point but far more its what they do and how they do it.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Yea.. content is what matters most to everyone. Then you have shows like Seinfeld.. everything is horrible. Way irrelevant and off-topic sort of but you can make that connection
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 04:12 AM

All depends on what it was intended for, sometimes that randomness works, keeps people on edge, much like how good episodic movies end and continue on.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page