Richard Hammond - Another Accident - The Grand Tour Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Richard Hammond - Another Accident

Richard Hammond is not dead. But he did get into a really serious accident after crashing a Rimac Concept One. The car completely burnt to smithereens but he is A Okay.

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 11:33 AM

He just can't catch a break, can he?

Thankfully he's all good and ready to get back on the high horse again. Heard the NHTSA people were looking into Rimac to figure out what went wrong and if there's something that needs to be re-done/fixed.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 01:15 PM

Just read some more on it. Other than his wife being unhappy about his dangerous lifestyle and disapproving of it (which wife wouldn't?) he seems to be all well. Just a broken knee and he'll be off of show duty for a couple months.
Quote:
“He'll be a terrible patient when he gets home and will drive me nuts (I’m terrified whenever he attempts to walk with his crutches) but honestly, I can’t wait to see him hug his dog and sit in the garden shouting for his glasses, laptop, phone or a cup of tea!” Suffice to say, he won’t be driving for the next few months, which is apparently causing chaos to The Grand Tour. Here’s hoping Hammond makes a swift recovery.
Richard Hammond?s Wife Disapproves Of His Dangerous Lifestyle

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 01:31 PM

It would be great if he started vlogging, maybe he has some cool daily drivers that will keep us busy while we wait for his return on TGT. I bet TGT will be in favor of that since it will act as another part of the show, just on a personal side. But Jeremy might think its "rubbish"!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

If you go through this, it'll give you an idea of the cars he has/has owned prior to and dayum... is the list astonishing. From an Opel Kadett to an LP560-4 Spyder.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
If you go through this, it'll give you an idea of the cars he has/has owned prior to and dayum... is the list astonishing. From an Opel Kadett to an LP560-4 Spyder.
Just looked up the list on Wikipedia and just from the first of many cars listed I can see that the man has good taste in cars. It takes a special individual to own a Jaguar E-Type especially someone doing the job he does

Quote:
1969 Jaguar E-Type
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 01:30 PM

It's interesting to read what goes behind the scenes of accidents like these and the Swiss Hillclimb Championship organizers are in hot water because of the crash. Richard Hammond’s Grand Tour Crash Left The Event Organizers In Some Major Trouble
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 06:06 PM

It sucks that just losing an iconic car wasn't the only consequence but also what happened on a regulatory level which I think does more damage. You can always get money back but not time:
Quote:
The report also indicated that the investigation into the crash led to six-month license suspensions of the race organizer and three stewards, as well as a roughly $5,000 fine. The report, noted as translated from a Swiss journalist by Motorsport.com, said it is “understood” that the future of the racing event there is in jeopardy, but didn’t make note of where that knowledge came from.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 01:45 PM

I guess they didn't expect seasoned drivers of super cars to crash one of theirs so spectacularly. This could also deter other organizers from lending the trio any nice cars in the future.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page